- Deep clean the house before your items arrive, as it can be tricky once all your items have been delivered and boxes are overcrowding the space.
- Kitchen cabinets, drawers and counters. Wipe down all the draws, counter tops, and cupboards with disinfectant spray. Add a lining to all cupboards and draws once they are dry this will help catch any dust, crumbs and general dirt from damaging the surfaces.
- Fridge/freezer. Remove all top parts of the drawers and shelves by soaking them in a tub filled with warm soapy water. Wipe all other surfaces including outside doors and once draws and shelves are dry place back inside fridge/freezer. After cleaning to prevent any odors place a tray of baking soda at the back.
- Dishwasher. Pour a cup of white vinegar on a dishwasher container and place it on top of the rack of the washer. Run the washer for one cycle and you should have clean water.
- Toilets. Wipe down every surface with bleach wipes and follow by pouring some bleach into the toilet bowl and flushing to disinfect.
- Shower and sink. Clean inside the shower using jiff cream (or similar) using a sponge cloth to wash the door, floor, and walls. Rinse off with warm water and wipe out with old towel to avoid any moisture remaining as this can lead to mould. Use the same jiff cream to wipe down sink tops and rinse out the basin with liquid disinfectant.
- Once you have settled in your new home take some pictures and or videos of the entire home. This will help you track the cleanliness and how you can arrange your items.
LET US HELP!
Does going the extra mile seem like a whole lot of extra time and energy… more than you want to give to cleaning your house? Let us help!
At Auckland House Cleaners, our staff take pride in our work and always stress the little stuff. We not only clean the large surfaces and obvious areas, our team can get right into the tricky spaces, so your home looks and feels squeaky clean and germ free!
Get in touch today for a FREE no-obligations quote!