You’ve just sat down to enjoy your morning cup of coffee and one way or another it’s been spilt, knocked over or drippled onto your nice pale carpet… sound familiar? We’ve all been there, it’s just one of those accidents that happen! But thankfully, because it is common there are multiple ways you can approach the stain removal task.
Rule number one, no matter what method you choose, is you need to ACT FAST! Get onto that stain as soon as it happens, while it’s still wet because this makes it much easier to lift out of carpet fibres.
Remove Coffee Stain from Carpet:
- Using a dry clean cloth or paper towels, blot (DON’T RUB) the stained area. The goal here is to soak up as much of the excess liquid as possible.
- Mix up your own DIY cleaning solution – 1 Tbs of liquid dish detergent + 1 Tbs of white vinegar + 2 Cups of warm water. Using another clean cloth, apply the solution to the stain, by dabbing a little on the area at a time. DON’T pour the solution on to the stain, this will soak your carpet too severely.
- Blot the area frequently with the dry cloth to remove excess cleaning solution (and with it the coffee stain). Repeat this process until the stain is gone.
- If the coffee contained cream and/or sugar, you’ll need something a little tougher. Mix one capful of enzyme laundry detergent + 1 Cup of warm water – stir it until combined well. Using a new clean cloth, dab this cleaning solution to the stain, to breakdown the sticky residue left by the cream and sugar.
- Finally, once you are satisfied the stain and discolouration is gone, sponge the area with cold water and blot dry with a clean towel (it may help to stand on the towel and soak up excess liquid)TOP TIP: To get your carpet looking fluffy and not flat, use a cool hair dryer and fine comb on the area to dry and brush in to place.
If you’re a bit late to the scene and the stain has dried, don’t fret – try the method above a few times to remove as much of the discolouration as possible. If you can still notice the stain it might be time to call in a professional – get in touch with us, we’ll be happy to help you get your carpet looking good as new!
If you have any further questions about carpet cleaning check out Auckland Carpet Cleaning by clicking on the link below, for all your carpet cleaning needs.
LET US HELP!
Does going the extra mile seem like a whole lot of extra time and energy… more than you want to give to cleaning your house? Let us help!
At Auckland House Cleaners, our staff take pride in our work and always stress the little stuff. We not only clean the large surfaces and obvious areas, our team can get right into the tricky spaces, so your home looks and feels squeaky clean and germ free!
Get in touch today for a FREE no-obligations quote!